Thursday, February 19, 2009

Second Life House

Although when I first started tinkering with building things in class I had a good bit of trouble, when I went home and started messing around with all of the features, I found that I had a lot less trouble getting things to work the way I wanted them to work.











I must say that I enjoyed this assignment more than the assignment on making clothes. This could, however, possibly be attributed to the fact that I've never been terribly interested in clothes.
I made my little hut a round shaped room with a dome top. I've always liked rounded shapes more than rigid, square or rectangular shapes. The outside of the walls (wall?) is a blue tile, and the inside is a light blue wallpaper. I made the floor the texture of beach sand. It's not the most traditional flooring, but I miss living at the beach, and I figured I could make the floor whatever I wanted to since this is a virtual world (and a virtually sandy floor would only make things virtually dirty). The dome of the hut is probably my favorite part - it's translucent and shaded white so it's like clouded glass. I like a lot of natural sunlight in buildings, so I figured that a cloudy glass roof would allow for plenty of that.






No comments:

Post a Comment